Chevy Colorado

Page 1 of 2
To any Colorado/Canyon owners, what are your thoughts on this truck? Likes, dislikes, problems etc.. I am thinkning about getting rid of my Silvy and getting a 4x4 Crew Cab Colorado as I really have no need
for the bigger truck anymore.

I'd guess seeing it is so small it was probably made for a girl. Or a gay guy.<BFG>
I haven't heard of any knocks on them Larry. A friend of mine has one a year or two old, it has been problem free.
Roy

I am thinking about it because the crew cab as enough room for me the wife and dog. It is short enough to fit in my current garage, as where the x-cab silvy won't. Plus that I-5 is rated at 242hp and 242 torque (at least to the specs for 08) which will easily tow a small toy trailer, etc...

What's the GVWR and/or GCWR on that truck? One reason I stepped up to a Chevy K2500HD is because my lightweight camper, on my 1500 Ram is pushing the envelope of the GVWR. The Ram (with a few suspension mods) and the camper perform very well in hardcore 4x4 driving, but on the highway I'm very aware of the extra weight, therefore I adjust my driving to match. That's not to say I'm not aware that the Chevy at 8,000 lbs (with a 9,200 lbs GVWR) isn't heavy, just that it handles the same load much better than my Ram at 6,400 lbs (with a 6,600 lbs GVWR) does.

I'm not looking at a "full size" trailer Ed, but something more along the line of this
http://www.jayco.com/php/products/camping.trailers/trailer.php?id 7
There are also a few other brands similar to this, all of which are designed for tow behind "small" SUVs and trucks..
That's a pretty nice trailer! I can't speak to your original question, but it looks like the Colorado shouldn't have much of a problem with it.
Then again, sometime I just might pass you going up a 7% grade, towing my IH Scout II on a trailer, cruise control set at 70 mph and I see this "little" Colorado, towing a trailer, keeping up with the unladen Nissans and Toyotas, and I'll think to myself "that's a pretty nice trailer," then before I know it, a song I haven't heard in years come on the radio and I've forgotten "that pretty nice trailer." <GBMFG>

You are tooo funny Ed...
says...

Crew Cab Colorado is a good choice. Decent gas mileage with better utility than a SUV.

Well if thats the qualifications then you must own one Roy.

I also saw an episode of Trucks where they put a 4" lift on the same model Colorado and man it looked sweet. As I recall, but the Silvy and Colo have a 6 on 5.5 lug pattern which means my MT wheels and tires come off hte Silvy and go on the Colo!
In article

I'm not sure that's true---or in fact I'm almost sure it's not. The wheels off of a Toyota Tacoma fit on my 2004 Colorado and the wheels off of a full-size GMC do not.
That's not speculation--big dummy here bought a set of GMC wheels from a yard sale assuming they would fit---bad assumption.
Wanna buy a set of GMC alloy wheels?

No, actually my last 3 trucks have been diesels.

Hey Roy, Shoot me an email

On the way.

Ah, use this one here, at least for now man, Cox dies when I moved to Tucson. Sorry
Okay, on the way again.

your fingers working properly Roy? Nothing came in from you, if you want, take the old cox addy and change it to comcast...

i dumped the cox when you gave me the yahoo that is bounceing. i'll play with it for a bit.

you have, just not going to put it on here.
email but I have a different one that I rather

Okay, I just tried it, we will see what happens