Chevy Colorado

Page 2 of 2
In article

My 2004 4X4 with an I5 and a manual transmission has 21K miles--it's been in the shop for alignment problems, a brake light recall, a failed sensor and a leaking front axle seal.
It has never failed to start.
In a 50 MPH collision with a pretty big deer the hood curled under to the point it couldn't be opened, and all that was left of the grille was one headlight hanging by the wire. The radiator ruptured and it had to be towed to the body shop---but all things considered I think that was actually a pretty admirable performance given how hard the impact was.
It's not back from the shop yet, and I doubt I'll keep it after such a trauma--no matter how good the body shop I doubt it will ever be the same.
With the 100K warranty and with a heavy enough discount I would consider buying another one.
I have nothing but good things to say about the 3.5 liter I5 engine.
azwiley1 wrote:

Had an '04 Canyon regular cab 2WD I-4 Auto for 2 1/2 years and 75,000KM. Traded it on an '06 ext cab Z71 4WD I-5 manual, 1 year and only 25,000KM's ago.
Towed ~ 2,500 lbs for 1,500KM in hilly terrain with no effort with the I-4. Latest models have upped towing capacity, but the power was never an issue. And, of course, the I-5 is stronger.
Have had absolutely no problems other than the missing sealant / water in the cab issue with the '04 that was common.
Mileage is only marginally better than full size, so that's not a reason to buy one.
Really happy and will get another when this lease is up.

Now that is exactly like I was hoping someone would post. Thank you so much for your honest opinion and thoughts.
azwiley1 wrote:

Lots of opinions on various aspects of the truck here as well http://coloradofans.com /
Fair to say that there are people that have issues, but contrary to popular belief even Lexus and BMW do too LOL.
Browse the board and you will get a better sampling of opinions. The technical questions area is a good sampling of the types of problems people do have, when they have them.
azwiley1 wrote:

not going to save much fuel with them...
they likely are better than the S10's for sure.
But why go from a big truck to a small truck? the COMFORT man, the COMFORT

Well, based off the numbers I saw, I would be saving a bit on fuel, but not a ton. Is the Colo uncomfortable or is it just the size difference? I really don't need the full size anymore, I ride my motorcycle 95% of the year and right now the wife is using the truck, until we can get her the little suv (Toyota RAV4 style) that she want.