Chevy,Fords, and Dodges

Hello Group ! I just thought I would pass along some ineresting information about these trucks. I haul campers for a living with my 04 crew cab,4x4 chevy deisel dually. and it's funny after talking to the other guys doing it. they all are saying the same thing about these trucks. everyone of these guys say there isn't any noticable difference in the Chevy's Fords or Dodges. just the looks. and one of the guys I talked to has owned all 3 brands in the last few years. only one guy has had problems and that was with his Custom King Ranch Power Stroke Ford. he is on his 3rd ! yes 3rd

2004 Ford this year.his first lost the rear end so they bought it back and got him another one and had the same problem so they got him one more and it aso did the same and also blew the turbo out in less than 20,000 miles. but the other Ford guys don't seem to be having problems that I know of. One of the guys has an 01 or 02 not sure on the year? duramax with 251,000 miles and he has only put about $700 in repairs. pretty impressive I think. what are your opinions? I personally wouldn't trade my Chevy for anything, well maybe one of those Chevy Straight trucks......

Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing

I've been shopping for hopefully buying a diesel tow vehicle early next year... so far I really haven't found 1 of the big 3 that is the all around best or worst... I like the chevy/allison power train, the ford crew cab and the dodge's Cummins...

From an RV standpoint, the vast majority of users in Calif. RV parks are Ford & Dodge, with slightly more fords... I've seen a few Chevy Duramax rigs, but most of the Chevy's that I've seen pulling rv's seem to be the big block gassers..

So far, I don't see how you can lose with any of the big 3... you have to drive 'em all and pick the one that feels right for you, I guess..

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

Currently my dad is driving a 2003 4 door dually f350 diesel 4x4 Ford.

Horsepower is rated at 300, torque is rated 560. Transmission is a 4 speed auto.

I drive his truck once in a while & have noticed that the truck feels very stout

on the road a fun to drive. The only problem with this truck so far is that

the 4 wheel drive did not dis-engage after using it one time. Had to take it to the dealer. I also recently drove a 2004 4 door duramax diesel non dually truck with the 5 speed auto. Horsepower is rated at

300, torque at 600 foot pounds. I noticed the duramax diesel was a quieter motor, and that the turbo sound was very noticable at all engine speeds. When I floored the gas, I did not notice the extra 40 pounds of torque worth of power that the duramax diesel was supposed to have more than the powerstroke. If your looking for a quiet diesel engine with a nice sounding turbo, the duramax is the way to go. But the powerstroke still felt more powerfull under excelleration, not to mention fords automatic only has 4 gears. As for Dodge, I know nothing about the trucks. They look nice from the side, but I dont really care for the way the new front headlights look on them. I think Ford & Dodge in there full sized heavy duty trucks need to update there front end looks massivly. So far chevy has done a decent jobe of that. If you want your truck to sound like a big rig, the dodge cummins motor with the right after market muffler does a good job of that!

I say test drive them all, and know what the available options are for all trucks.

Reply to
Josh