Chevy/GMC man buying first Ford (Ranger)

This will be my first (and likely last) Ford. But it's an excellent deal, and I kinda like the older Ranger. It's a '84 4X4 V6, so no extensive/expensive 'puters, 4X4 electronics, etc... plus it will get
around 26 to 28 mpg. The question I would like to ask is; of you guys that have owned or worked on these trucks, what can you tell me, or advise me to be on the look-out for.
Thanks, GC
GC wrote:

    I own a 85 4x4 Ranger with a 2.3 EFI & 5 Speed. I have owned a few other rangers.
    I Aviod any 2.8/2.9 Ford engine. The 2.0's are OK, I perfer the 2.3's. The 4.0 V6 of Exploir fame will bolt in place of a 2.9, it's a Much, Much, Much better engine.
    Not to mention don't expect more then 15 mixed MPG. Charles
Thanks Charles. This one has a carburetor, which has already been rebuilt... supposedly does a little better on gas than the newer models.
Thanks for the info/help... guess I feel a little better about buying a Ford. :-)

models.
Why? Your not buying a Ford. Your buying a Mazda B series P/U. Just badged as a Ford.
-
Isnt that the truth.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----
Steve W: Why? Your not buying a Ford. Your buying a Mazda B series P/U. Just badged as a Ford.
The guy I'm buying it from had a '78 or '79 Ranger with the Mazda tranny, and just bought a '90 B2600 Mazda. We've talked before, and now again; trying to figure out what's Ford and what's Mazda... and you're missing the major point: even if it's 99% Mazda, it's still got that darn Ford emblem on it. :-) BTW... that 2600 is a nice [small/mid-size] truck, wouldn't mind having one of those myself. Great body design/style as well... these days you can hardly tell them all apart--they're all rounded at the edges, looking like a big egg floating down the highway. I miss the lines more common in the 80's and early 90's.
GC
Steve W. wrote:

    Wrong. Ford Built the Mazda 95+ Up tracks and badged them as Mazda's. Just like GM did with 95 Up Isuzu Pick Ups, which are nothing more then S-10's. Charles

So, what does that have to do with his '84?
I dont like the 84 v6s because of that generic ass 2.9 for has. Always seemed to get a bottom end rattle. and smoked