Chevy is DEAD!

x-no-archive: yes

The big automobile crisis will also hit Chevy trucks and they will vanish from the face of the Earth.

In the future, we have to drive cheap cars from India and China!!!

Reply to
Xenon

If GM does not gets its act together and cut labors costs this could very well be true.

Reply to
SnoMan

Nope, GM just needs a gov't/taxpayer bailout or bankruptcy and restructuring to spin-off the unions and/or retirement issues and the spirit of Lee Iacoca to reboot Chevy just like with Chrysler years ago. GM isn't dead yet. Long live the Chevy. We will rebuild the Chevys forever like Cuba otherwise?

Gary with:

1975 Chevy 350 Van 1977 Chevy 350 Pickup 1983 GMC 6.2L Diesel Van 1995 350 Chevy Extended Cap Pickup Forever Chevy or will it be a Toyota Lexus Pickup next. I'd love to have a heads-up display for gauges, softer and quiet ride. What no Pontiac, Oldsmobile, etc? Sign of the times.
Reply to
volkswag

That's what I've been doing; call me a Cuban.

Bruce with:

1955 Chevy Townsman Wagon 1968 Camaro 1989 S-10 Blazer 1993 S-10 Blazer
Reply to
Bruce Porter

Labor costs wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the necessity of World elitist bankers/politician collusion and profit margins. I mean how much and how long can you print money not based on the desirability of owning all the gold or salt, and expect it to hold up? Even for them? It's not, and they're getting desperate. Desperate enough to start world war III. I get so sick of seeing nothing but delusionary thought translated into reality, as is evidenced by just these few posts, that I know WE, Americans are sunk because we are so stupid, stubborn, uninsightful, and too cowardly and soft to do anything about any of it. One has to be able to think first.

Reply to
Coal Chamber

Idiot.

Reply to
Desertphile

Maybe you better take another look at union issues. If an automaker has a layoff for whatever reason and the worker shows up and sleeps all day, plays cards with is buddies, does crossword puzzles, etc. then he/she still gets paid full wages. I know of a retired autoworker who knew (and possibly did) of people clocking in, sneeking out the hole in the back fence, drank all day, came back, and clocked out at the end of the day. Oh, and if a critical worker failed to show up the line could stop because nobody else was allowed to do the job.

I also know a trucker who tried to deliver equipment to a onion, er, union plant. None of the forklift operators would unload it because unloading equipment was not in their contract. Managers and supervisors were also likewise not allowed to operate a forklift, per union rules. After stealing about four hours of his time this truck driver threatened to unload it himself (back up real fast and slam on the breaks). They finally got someone after he was there for five hours. They had to wait for someone authorized to come in special to unload it.

Boy, unions do such a great job of DRIVING business overseas.

Reply to
sword