chevy k10 4x4 with a 350 backfire at idle

my truck just started to backfire and i have been fighting with my carb for some time now and i am out of ideas what should i check or change out

chevy k10 4x4 with a 350 backfire at idle Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Sep 28, 2006, 3:06pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (timmy) my truck just started to backfire and i have been fighting with my carb for some time now and i am out of ideas what should i check or change out . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
What year is the truck and which engine? Some causes for backfire can be an ignition wire with high resistance (check with an ohm meter). or timing, or a bad distributor cap (if so equipped). We need more specific information before people can get to the root of the problem. . .
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember that the intial objective was to drain the swamp." ~ Unknown ~
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:50:31 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Rich B) wrote:

Typically with a carb when you get a back fire through a carb it is becaise it is leaning out to much and when this happens the mixture does not ignite properly and when dumped into exhaust manifold it lights and throws the flame wave into intake durring overlap and causes the pop or back fire. You likely have carb or fuel pressure issues to carb letting it starve out. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com