chevy seat popping?

Hey all,
I have a 99 Z71 reg cab with the split bench seat. Anyway, occasionally when i'm turning, and my weight shifts, I hear loud pop/clank from under
the seat. The seat seems tight and doesn't move if i try and move it or shake it. I've stuck my arm up under there to feel for something that could be loose but i can't seem to find anything. Is this common? anyone else had a seat do this? It gets a little annoying. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
TB
mine was doing that, and i had a crack in the floorboard.