Chevy Stroker Engine

I have a 93 GM truck with a 350 in it. I am considering rebuilding it to a 383 stroker engine. Do I need to change the fuel pump, fuel lines or injectors for this engine to work well. I am only looking for the
increase in torque for pulling a trailer or heavier loads on the truck. The one am am looking at should give me optimum performance at about 5500 RPM. Is there anything else I should be aware of before I do this?
This depends on the camshaft being used, as stock replacement 383 should be ok with oe components, oe style heads and approximately the same compression.

Make sure the cam is a cam for a MAP based injection system.
I hope this helps.
RK

If you're towing, are you sure you want your max power up at 5500 rpm? You may want to choose a different cam or engine package to get some torque down low. Just my .02
89GMC wrote:

Go for best torque and highest efficiency at cruise speed rpm's.
BTW, looking at the age of the beast, 15 years old and aging by the day, is this what you *really* want to use for a heavy load machine at highway speeds?
89GMC wrote:

That was my first thought as well.