chevy torqe converter

does anybody know if the torque converter from a 350 turbo transmission will fit a 4a700r series transmission? The truck originally had the 400, had been changed to a 350 time we bought it. I've found an affordable
400, but the torque converter isn't with it. I don't want to buy it if we can't use it as is.
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:09:16 -0400, "boughtmoneypit"

Good question, basically no because the 700R4 has a locking torque converter and most THM 350's do not and the there is the spline count issue. The early troublesome (81 to 84) 700R4 had a 27 spline input shaft and later ones had a 30 spline input shaft. I would suggest you count the splines on your 700R4 you plan to use and get correct converter (actually if it is a 27 spline you do not even want it) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Bad idea to use a used one.
Do you use a new oil filter or a used one?
The old converter has stuff in it. Not good stuff either.
New ones are around $50. How much to rebuild a tranny? my2cents
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM