Chevy Van S-10

My Chevy S-10 Cargo Van has ABS dash light on and seems to be affecting the starter. Will start intermittently, but other times starter will just "clunk". When I pump brakes until very tight then the van starts with no problem. Could the ABS system be somehow affecting the starter??

Reply to
ChevyVan

Your what? Is it an S-series or an Astro/Safari?

Reply to
SBlackfoot