chevytruck

I have a 1997 Z71 350 motor. It will not start. Very little juice is getting back to the fuel pump. I cleaned and reground the ground,replaced the whole unit for the pump. put in a new resistor. I
have at garage now he has about 10 hours in it and can not fine it yet. It must be a ground someplace, because there is a tiny bit of juice going to the fuel pump. Has anyone elese had a proplem likr this? HELP!!!
yes have had the same problem, but with an older truck. It ended up being some of the wiring in the bundle that ran back to the fuel pump had corroded, the only way we found it was by luck, we cut back some of the plastic and cut right where it had corroded. Best thing to do is start at the front with a multimeter and go backwards toward the pump and see where u are losing your power.

Watch for burnt connectors at the pump harness at the tank, GM has had problems with this, look inside the connector for discoloration.

-
what is the resistor for?
old john

2 Weeks ago the ground wire broke for the fuel pump circut on my 97 yukon. It broke right where it enters the harness.