Child/Booster seat for an extended cab?

I just bought a new '04 Silverado and moved the lil' ones seat (he's two and about 30lbs.) from the car to the extended cab and the top rubs against the glass making all sorts of squeaky noises (not to mention, I'm worried about the tint).

Just curious if anyone had recommendation on a good child seat (2 year old+) that doesn't rub on the extended cab glass in the back?

TIA!

Reply to
Xao

The seat back is supposed to be towards the front of the vehicle. At least that's what they say. You should be able to find one that faces 'backwards'

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

you only put the seat backwards if the child is under one. I'm about to have to move my almost 3 year old to a new seat as she's getting too tall for the one she has now. 4 more lbs and she can go into a booster type seat (she only weighs 36 lbs).

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Never had a kid (thank goodness) so I wouldn't know.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

They say to have the child face the rear till they weigh 20 pounds. The longer the better though. You won't find a rear facer that a 30 lb child will fit in. The cheap $30 model at walmart fits in my dads extended cab and it only touches the headrest. Can you adjust the height of the headrest to accomodate your child seat?

Reply to
Bob Muse

They say true wealth:

is to have children!

I have found, true wealth is drained by children but, I wouldn't have it any other way. When my kids call me daddy, it makes me feel like superman!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Too many people *efing up my world for everyone to have so many kids.... I think 1 is more then enough.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

I find that comment kind of sad. If you dont want chlldren then thats fine with me, but for those whe wish to further the species with meaning full results I see no problem with that. Im only 24 but have already got past or never did most of the stupid crap most of my generation find so appealing. I find my generation very sad, to many people making it harder for others to have a life without privacy violations. 10 years ago drug test were not very common but due to the generation that I am apart of now you damb near need to take ne just to buy gas. And thats BS. If growing up cramps your style I feel sad for ya. Its got lots more possibilities than staying young and stupid.

Reply to
mat

Unfortunately the LATCH system is in located in the middle of the bech seat in the back, which has no headrest. :(

I wish I was in a bigger city, upin Seattle they would let you take the car seats out to your vehicle to test them for fitting.

Now I'm > They say to have the child face the rear till they weigh 20 pounds.

Reply to
Xao

Is your child small enough to need to use the Latch system? It isn't used when you use a booster and the vehicle seat belts. I used the 5 point harness for my boys till they didn't fit in them anymore. The vehicle seat belt holds my 4 year old fine when I lock the belt in place so he can't get out of position.

Reply to
Bob Muse

Okay, there is no such thing as furthering the species. People are quite simply - everywhere. Drugs & child delinquents have nothing to do with overpopulation. They have actually found out what causes people to get pregnant (and it doesn't involve drugs or vandalism).

~KJ/TLGM

message

Reply to
KJ

There might be people everywhere, but they don't have the advantage of the genetics of my wife and I nor do they have the advantage of my superior parenting skills. Therefore the world is a better place for me having had children. And all the however many billions of people there are in the world, think exactly the same thing so that is why we keep doing this.

Reply to
Bob Muse

Guess what, if you hadn't been born - I wouldn't miss you. Same thing with the extra (world population - 1 billion) that shouldn't be here.

~KJ/TLGM

possibilities

Reply to
KJ