Class Action Suit

Page 1 of 3
I am thinking about filing a class action lawsuit against Chevrolet for knowingly installing substandard brake rotors in 200X Chev HD pickup trucks. Mine has 24,400
miles with soft rotors beyond refurbish specs. Most of those 24,400 miles were highway miles.
I tried to "buy American". That doesn't work any more.
Brakes are not covered by warranty, but most of the rest of the truck still is.
Chev sold me crap. I bought it new. Never again!
Sounds like a typical two footed driver to me. You ride the brake and don't even realize it.
--
Steve Barker

"nonsense" < snipped-for-privacy@unsettled.com> wrote in message
I have a 2000 Silverado K1500 it has 159, 100 miles and still has the original front brake pads and rotors. I did replace the rear pads around 85,000. The truck was inspected four weeks ago and the pads were still OK although they are getting thin. I plan on changing the pads next week but my rotors look fine. My driving is mostly country (not as hard city) and about 25% highway. I don't have to be the first one away from the light, but I like to be!
Al Bottoms Up Divers

I think the original poster's name says it all.
Whitelightning
Whitelightning wrote:

If handles actually meant anything you'd be DUI.
I'm 67 and no kid, especially behind the wheel. I've had lots of vehicles over the years and never a brake failure like this. My 2002 Tauris has 85,000 miles on it and I replaced the front and rear pads/shoes for the first time so I'm no 2 footer.
The rotors on the Silverado are pitted with elongated 1/8 inch holes 1/4 inch deep and, according to the Chevy dealer today, "rotted away" (he meant rusted away.)
The dealer has convinced Chevrolet to replace the rotors under warranty. Saves me attorney fees.
I'm springing for new pads. They're already there working and might as well have all new brakes.
to repeat:
ajtessier wrote:

Steve Barker

"nonsense" < snipped-for-privacy@unsettled.com> wrote in message
As they should. It's still under warranty. Warranty covers the rotors, calipers, hoses, etc etc., just not the pads.
--
Steve Barker

"nonsense" < snipped-for-privacy@unsettled.com> wrote in message
How would you have any inkling of any idea that would even remotely lead you to believe that he is a two footed driver. Pure and unadulterated speculation on your part.
The facts are that GM has produced over the years some crappy brake designs. Case in point is my 1998 Suburban 2500. The front rotors are undersized and the proportioning as it came from the factory, relies too heavily on the front brakes to stop, leading to premature wear and tear on the front rotors.
These are facts, not speculation.
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:54:57 -0500, "Steve Barker"

After 30+ years of retail auto service, if you have warped rotors at low mileage, you can just about bet you'll find the left side of the brake pedal pad worn off. No speculation, just real world experience.
--
Steve Barker

"Steve" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
Steve Barker wrote:

They weren't warped, they were rusted to hell, terribly pitted, and worn out.
sounds like too much sittin' around, and not being used, in a salty environment.
--
Steve Barker

"nonsense" < snipped-for-privacy@unsettled.com> wrote in message
LOL, well you've lost any credibility you may have had. Scolding for top posting and newsreaders is as low as it gets on usenet.
(top posted just for your convenience)

on Thursday 26 July 2007 03:51 pm, someone posing as Battleax took a rock and etched into the cave:

Uh, yeah. Writes the top posting Wintendo user.
--
www.perfectreign.com

It's fun. Gets them every time

What's wrong with top posting? Personally I like it. The Reply is right on TOP and you don't have to scroll all the way down though the Quote you already know what it says. You can just read though the message a whole lot faster, which means I can go though a lot more messages a lot faster. Someone complaining about Top posting is just LAME.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I like you want to read new news, not old news. Top posting is quicker and easier whether it is replying or reading.

on Thursday 26 July 2007 10:22 pm, someone posing as Steve took a rock and etched into the cave:

Sigh...
...in a ng, top posting is bad style, because one must scroll all the way down to the bottom of the message to determine what the reference is.
Snipping and bottom posting is much more preferable.
--
www.perfectreign.com

on Wednesday 01 August 2007 04:13 pm, someone posing as Stormin Mormon took a rock and etched into the cave:
<snip>

*sigh*
As someone who has been posting to usenet under various nymns and socks since '89 or so...
...and as someone who generally receives - and responds to - upwards of 300 emails a day at work, here's my take.
Bottom posting is excellent for asynchronous newsgroups such as this where people like me check back every few hours or days and just want to be reminded to what the person writing about. Hence the <snip> tag.
I - like many others - do not thread my headers and wouldn't know the referring post if the author did not at least include a portion of the previous post(s) when replying.
Top posting is excellent for email, such as at work.
I currently am a manager over an IT group with a staff of roughly 60 supporting 1500 employees with about 800 PC's, 60 Servers and roughly 300 TB of online storage.
I get about 300 emails a day, many of which I handle on my small form factor blackberry. (I currently have an 8700c.) I just looked and noticed I've received and replied to 32 emails since coming home this afternoon.
I much prefer top posting in this situation because my emails are often back and forth and very rapid in response. Only when I'm replying in-line do I bottom post on emails. Even then I'll snip out the irrelevant or outdated material to keep the email body as small as possible.
I did try bottom posting for awhile but found it awkward and hard to ensure emails got sent correctly. Besides, we haven't upgraded from Windows to Linux yet, so we're still using the outdated Outlook 2003 clients.
HTH!
HAND!
Now back to our regular discussion of the coolest trucks in the world! This reminds me, I love the horn on my AV. I used it several times today to get the attention of idiots throwing their cigarrettes out the window. Normally I don't mind, but with only 2" of rain in the past 12 months, this could cause a major problem.
--
www.perfectreign.com

People like perfectreign think they are insulting someone by scolding them for top posting (it was a general rule 15 years ago). Then they go into the message properties where the news reader of the poster is often listed. If it's OutlookExpress they then scold you again for using a microsoft product. It was a sad joke several years ago.