Class Action Suit

------------

Dont let the door hit you on the way out non-driver

HDS

Reply to
HDS

What's wrong with top posting? Personally I like it. The Reply is right on TOP and you don't have to scroll all the way down though the Quote you already know what it says. You can just read though the message a whole lot faster, which means I can go though a lot more messages a lot faster. Someone complaining about Top posting is just LAME.

Reply to
JBDragon

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I like you want to read new news, not old news. Top posting is quicker and easier whether it is replying or reading.

Reply to
Steve

Hmmm. My 2003 has ~105,000 miles on it with original rotors AND pads. I'd never buy anything BUT OEM brake parts for this. I've never had any vehicle that did anywhere near this good on brakes.

Good luck with that.

Reply to
scrape

People like perfectreign think they are insulting someone by scolding them for top posting (it was a general rule 15 years ago). Then they go into the message properties where the news reader of the poster is often listed. If it's OutlookExpress they then scold you again for using a microsoft product. It was a sad joke several years ago.

Reply to
Battleax

it's really the only sensible way, but you'll never change the people using their DOS usenet readers and primitive 8-track music.

Reply to
Steve Barker

TRN, please. WTF is dos? Unix rules!

Reply to
nonsense

This guy that was given his handle over 35 years ago because the way a certian car moved on down the road has never had rotor failures that werent his fault. The Vegas would chew a rotor but that might have had something to do with the well built V-8's that where stuffed under the hood untill I learned how to mount S-10 spindles on the front. The 91 chevy has 247,000 miles on the rotors and last brake job they mic'd out at .987, so they are starting to get there, machine to is 980, discard is 965. The 87 had just under 300K when daughter wrecked it, still had original rotors and drums. And the 2003 has 98,000 on it with original rotors. The only time I saw issues were on northern vehicles and salt was the blame. Some southern with rear disk that hadn't learned to keep the rear wheels out of salt water when backing a boat trailer. GM has always had heftier brakes than ether Ford or Chrysler across the entire line up. and Ford has always had the most problems with calipers hanging up and tearing up rotors, And always had the smallest brakes rpotor thickness and diameter wise, as well as drum diameter and shoe width, across its entire line up, but thats just opinion based on 25 years plus I spent doing brakes for a living..

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Everything Rules. It's just a matter of WHAT it rules... I don't see UNIX ruling anything except perhaps a limited sector of web servers.

Reply to
Steve Barker

no..only a court can make the case class action

Reply to
GeekBoy

You know what you know and you're thriving in you ignorance, so why should you allow reality to upset you?

Reply to
nonsense

What a boring life!

Reply to
nonsense

A court must approve class action status to a case as requested by a plaintiff (or group). Most are brought by individuals with additional members of the class added during the discovery phase.

Reply to
nonsense

It paid for a house, put two kids through school, allowed some travel, the pursuit of hobbies, a college degree for myself, and lots of good freindships. All in all it been a damn fine life so far. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

don't feel bad. you got more miles on yours than i did. i had a 99 S-10 ext cab and had to have the rotors turned with 5500 miles on it and at 15000 miles had to get new rotors. the first time i took it to the dealer and they turned them for free no charge. the second time i went to the garage by my house and let them put the new rotors on and pads because they were cheaper than the dealer by about 100 dollars. after that i had no problems with the brakes. the back brakes i never had to mess with and i traded the truck in for a

2006 chevy equinox and the pickup only had 35000 miles on it. no problems with the brakes so far on this suv.
Reply to
TROY BUONO

Class Action Suit? Is that like a Polyester Sport Suit?

they were popular in the 70's but maybe you could bring them back....as long as they are classy/actiony.

Reply to
ScottM

on Thursday 26 July 2007 10:22 pm, someone posing as Steve took a rock and etched into the cave:

Sigh...

...in a ng, top posting is bad style, because one must scroll all the way down to the bottom of the message to determine what the reference is.

Snipping and bottom posting is much more preferable.

Reply to
PerfectReign

on Friday 27 July 2007 05:44 am, someone posing as Battleax took a rock and etched into the cave:

The rules haven't changed, and no insult intended.

Still is.

Oh, and I don't go into the message properties. The X-Newsreader is right on my attribution line.

Reply to
PerfectReign

on Saturday 28 July 2007 08:35 am, someone posing as nonsense took a rock and etched into the cave:

Tell me about it...sigh...

...I'm working on the discovery requests for a lawsuit right now. We have a hearing next week to see if the case becomes class action. I hope our lawyers are *very* good at what they do.

Reply to
PerfectReign

"The rules haven't changed, and no insult intended." I would love to see a copy of the "Official Rules". LMFAO

Regards, JR

Reply to
JR