Clunking iunder 94 Jimmy

I have a clunking when driving on slightly bumpy roads, at low speed. I do not hear it at highway speed. How does one determine if torsion bar mounts are bad? My ride height
looks normal. Colorado Springs, CO My advice may be worth what you paid for it.
at 15 bucks each its worth just replacing them even if its not the problem. Chances are that they need replacement anyway

Dan Dunphy wrote:

I'm not too sure about the mounts... At one end they bolt up to the transmission crossmember - at the other they fit into the lower control-arm with a hex shaped piece.
Mounted on the the frame rails, are two bump stops which contact the lower control arm. They help provide a more progressive feel to the suspension and stop metal on metal clangs on big bumps...
They're easiest to see if you get down on the ground next to the doors of the truck, and peek forward. They're about the size of golf-balls. Probably a little squished down, and sitting on a small metal 'cup'.
Each one 'should' be touching the control arm even with the truck sitting on flat ground, nobody in it, etc. etc.
My uncles '93 had one of them fall off or something, and it was clanging on big bumps...
-marc

Correction there, the torsion bars are on their own crossmember that's mounted to the frame with motor mount-like mounts. The transmission crossmember is seperate and is bolted solidly to the frame. The torsion bar mounts are a VERY typical cause for clunking in these trucks.