codes

hey all i got a reader and here are the codes for my 2003 chevy HD 2500 4X4 8. 1 liter vortech the first code and this code will erase but as soon as i turn
off truck i get the code back P1516 manufacture control vehicle speed idle control auxiliar inputs this is the code that is giving me the reduced engine power on the dash i also got P0802 transmission control system MIL request circuit open does anyone know what would cause these codes to appear i do not drive this truck everyday it is my tow vehicle for my vacation and now i dont get to go until it is fixed i did clear the codes but the the 1 comes back every time i start the truck so i am lost here any ideas anyone please let me know so i can fix and leave on vacation
thank you uncle p
unclepis1 via CarKB.com wrote:

DTC 1516 # Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. If water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs may set without any circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing. # Verify that the starting and charging systems are operating properly. Low system voltage can cause this DTC to set. # When the TAC module detects a condition within the TAC system, more than 1 TAC system related DTC may set. This is due to the many redundant tests run continuously on this system. Locating and repairing an individual condition may correct more than 1 DTC. Disconnecting components during testing may set additional DTCs. Remember this if you review the stored information in Capture Info. KenG
ken thanks for the help just so i dont screw up what does TAC and DTC mean i am sure it is something simple but could you let me know what it stands for so i dont screw up
KENG wrote:

unclepis1 via CarKB.com wrote:

This is the Circuit Description as stated in the manual.
The predicted throttle position (TP) is compared to the actual throttle position. The two values should be within a calibrated range of each other. Both the powertrain control module (PCM) and the throttle actuator control (TAC) module redundantly monitor the predicted and actual throttle position. This DTC sets if the PCM detects an out of range condition between the predicted and actual throttle position.
KenG