Cold air injection

Hi All, A friend recently purchased a cold air injection system for his 04 Chevy p/u. I've done some research on cold air systems (they all seem to claim
1.5 - 3 mpg increase) and ask the group if this seems within the limits of possibility? The theory makes sense, it's the actual operation I question. Tks in advance,
billn..
Almost all vehicles produced over the past decade(at least) have a cold air induction system of some sort. Typically they just SUCK(no pun intended) for flow! A free flowing induction system could increase flow and efficiency. Most of this is done with filter designs that allow better air-flow and at the same time allow small micron dirt to flow through with the element.