cold weather starting problem

I have a 91 blazer 4.3 TBI. I think this is a dying starter issue but I'm not sure. Now that the weather has turned cold here in chicago, my Blazer is having a hard time starting in the morning. When I turn the key I hear the starter motor spin, but the engine itself does not crank. If I do it a few times it cranks over fine. Any Ideas on what the problem is. Assuming it is the starter whats the prices on getting a shop to do a starter typically?

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Your solenoid or bendix is heading south (bendix, I think). I recommend a good rebuilder, instead of getting a remanufactured starter.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Reply to