Colorado--wheel stud replacement?

Are any special tools needed to replace the wheel studs (front and rear) on a Colorado? I think they must have made the studs out of old Pepsi cans, because my wheels have been removed 3-4 times now and the studs are practically thread-free.

Can I just remove the calipers and rotor and then replace the studs or do I need to disassemble the whole hub/bearing assembly? It's a 4WD.

Same question in the rear--once I take the drum off do I have to do anything else that's especially complicated?

Any help appreciated.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Elkins

The wheel studs are pressed in. Special tool J43631( ball-joint rmover ) will press them out after you remove the brake-rotor. Install new studs with 4 washers and wheel nuts.

J43631 is a C-clamp type tool and you should be able to jury-rig someth>Are any special tools needed to replace the wheel studs (front and rear)

Reply to
John

SNIP

Thanks for the response--I noticed you mentioned the rotor in your reply---can I just press them out from the read drum as well?

Reply to
Sean Elkins