compressing door springs

93 suburban k2500 4x4
Does anyone know the trick to compressing door springs so you can get them back in? This is the spring that pushes the lever against the peg
so that the door will tend to not flop all over the place when opened. I replaced the bushings in the the door but was unable to get the spring back into place.
Thanks, --Jeff
In article < snipped-for-privacy@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/ta87675.html
go to autozone or Advance auto parts and BUY the tool
JeffH wrote:

an obviously impaired state, wrote:

Bought a tool at Autozone that does the job. It's called a Door Spring Compressor (I know, who'd have thought it, right?). Cost less than $20.
--
Ray Sirois
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS