Computer chip

I have a 1994 chevy 4x4 6.5 litre turbo diesel. I want to take out the Hi-performance chip and install the stock chip. How do I get to the chip? Also is it a simple take one chip out and put another one in? Do you need to
configure anything? Thanks. snipped-for-privacy@telus.net
You mind me asking why do you want to remove the performance chip???

the computer is behind the drivers side kick plate(the plastic molded part beside the park brake release) and all you have to do is pull the old one out and put the new one back in, but if it has any grease on the connections on the computer, make sure and wipe 'em off.
Ummm....
No, it's not. It's on the passenger side behind the glove box. Unless, this is a custom machine where someone has modified the interior for this to take place on the driver side.
Regards, Snowman

beside the park brake release) and all you have to do is pull the old one out and put the new one back in, but if it has any grease on the connections on the computer, make sure and wipe 'em off.

Ummm..... Maybe he has a right hand drive...... <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Rebel48 www.abetinternational.com <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote in message

part
connections
maybe....
...but he said "driver side"
oh well. Someone will find it :-)

one
Remove the glove box, then you will see the ECM in the corner. Unplug both harnesses that plug into the side and slide the box out. There is a small door with two tiny screws that needs to be removed.
Inside, you will find a blue EPROM that says "BLUE" on it (part of the plastic mold). Just unplug it and note the orientation of the "notch" before you remove it, completely.
Put stocker back in and replace everything, as you removed it. You're done. Nothing to reprogram - just turn the key and you are back into the factory DOG settings that don't allow the engine to reach its potential. Why are you doing this?
Snowman