conversion to 5 lugs

I have a 1972 C20, that I am restoring/rebuilding/modifying. In the process, I want to convert the 8 bolt setup of the wheels and axles to 5 or

6 bolts.

Looking at the service manual, it seems that changing the front end would be as easy as changing the rotors. Could it be that easy?

On the rear, do I have to change the whole rear end assembly, or can I use the housing, and just change the ring and pinion, and the axles?

Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Ken,

I don't have any suggestions but if you are restoring the truck don't you want it to be original to some degree? 8 lug wheels are pretty much standard on the 3/4 ton trucks.

I assume you have a larger selection of available wheels if you go with a 6 or 5 lug...

Reply to
Elbert

And I assume he has a lot of money, especially if the rear end is a full floater.

Al

Reply to
Big Al