Cruise on 99 burban

I have a 99 Suburban K1500, 5.7L. Over the past six months the cruise control would shut off while having it set cruising down the road. Now it is to the point where 95% of the time it won't even set. Any ideas on what I might look for?

Brian

Reply to
Trail Shredder

you your toes to lift up the brake pedal. then hit resume I'll bet it works again the switch is bleeding off just enough current to trip off the cruise but not enough to light the brakelights

a new switch will fix it

Reply to
I'm Right

So, is the switch right on the brake pedal?

Reply to
Trail Shredder

Doesn't appear to be the pedal switch. Any other suggestions? Is Cruise control all electronic now days? I remember my old GP used to be vacuum. Wondering if it might be the switch built into the turn signal lever? How does that come off?

Brian

Reply to
Shredder

yes

Reply to
I'm Right

the 99 suburban uses a $185 cruise/ wiper/ turnsignal/headlight dimmer module

The 94 and earlier was a $20 handle... oh well its called progress

Reply to
I'm Right

I am thinking that it is in that turn signal lever now. Now I am hearing the turn signal relay blinking like the signal is one, although it isn't. Could that be in that whole assembly too?

Brian

Reply to
Trail Shredder