Cyl 6 Misfire

--B_3260726622_17913180 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
I have a Cyl 6 misfire and I have a few questions... To start, I just replaced all the plug wires with relatively high end Taylor 8.2mm Thundercores. Ive used these in the past and had very reliable results. Nonetheless, when I run the truck in pitch dark and I look at the #6 wire, I see arching right behind the boot.
1. Is it possible to have this arching at cyl 6 WITHOUT a leak in the wire? 2. Is it wrong of my to be livid that I have a bad wire out of the box? I used plug pliers to install them and dielectric grease on each end. I dont know how the hell I could have been anymore carefull.
Thanks and take care, Andrew.
--B_3260726622_17913180 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding
<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Cyl 6 Misfire</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE="Verdana">I have a Cyl 6 misfire and I have a few questions... &nbsp;To start, I just replaced all the plug wires with relatively high end Taylor 8.2mm Thundercores. &nbsp;I&#8217;ve used these in the past and had very reliable results. &nbsp;Nonetheless, when I run the truck in pitch dark and I look at the #6 wire, I see arching right behind the boot.<BR> <BR> </FONT><OL><LI><FONT FACE="Verdana">Is it possible to have this arching at cyl 6 WITHOUT a leak in the wire? </FONT><LI><FONT FACE="Verdana">Is it wrong of my to be livid that I have a bad wire out of the box? &nbsp;I used plug pliers to install them and dielectric grease on each end. &nbsp;I don&#8217;t know how the hell I could have been anymore carefull.<BR> </FONT></OL><FONT FACE="Verdana"><BR>Thanks and take care,<BR> Andrew.<BR> </FONT> </BODY> </HTML>
--B_3260726622_17913180--
Cyl 6 Misfire Is it possible to have this arching at cyl 6 WITHOUT a leak in the wire? Is it wrong of my to be livid that I have a bad wire out of the box? I used plug pliers to install them and dielectric grease on each end. I don't know how the hell I could have been anymore carefull.
Did you pull the plug and switch it and check it out? Unlikely to have a bad wire at exactly the same spot. I'd focus on what hasn't changed.
I'd check for a hairline crack in the plug insulator (I had this happen once to me).
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: Cyl 6 Misfire Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Apr 30, 2007, 2:40pm (EDT+4) From: no snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.net (Augustus) Cyl 6 Misfire Is it possible to have this arching at cyl 6 WITHOUT a leak in the wire? Is it wrong of my to be livid that I have a bad wire out of the box? I used plug pliers to install them and dielectric grease on each end. I don't know how the hell I could have been anymore carefull.
Did you pull the plug and switch it and check it out? Unlikely to have a bad wire at exactly the same spot. I'd focus on what hasn't changed.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, it is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." ~ Unknown ~