Damaged truck... need bodywork advice

A fender bender has me in need of a new hood, passenger side front fender, bumper, and radiator grille. Gonna have the frame checked at a shop, otherwise the truck runs as normal, I didn't lose any fluids,
damage extended to everything forward of the a/c condensor.
Paint and color condition of parts is not important, as I plan to primer the new pieces and eventually paint the entire truck. Couple of questions...
1) Most of the salvage yards have trucks with front damage. Can't afford dealer new. Thinking of going the JC Whitney route for above parts. Any pros/cons of JC Whitney? Any other places to check? 2) I've seen some c/k trucks with blacked out bumpers and grilles. The black bumpers are available via JC Whitney, but not the grilles. Did Chevy/GMC have black grilles from the factory? Haven't seen any in the yards. 3) I was thinking of having the entire truck primered once I get the new parts. However the money for a new paint job is a long ways off. I've seen trucks running the streets in the primer jobs, some permanently. Any cons to doing this? I don't care much about the truck color, but don't want it looking like a rubics cube. I've always figured with a primered truck, if I scratch it in the brush, I just bust out the spray can and patch it up. 4) Anything else I need to keep in mind?
Thanks for any advice/info.
--

'88 Honda CBR600F the 'Cane
'90 Chevy Z71 Sportside the damaged 'Beast
talk to a few of the franchise body shops... we had ours done at one and they saved us a lot of bucks using aftermarket fenders, hood, etc...

Mac
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY
Primer is NOT waterproof, your new parts will rust if not painted. Dan
wrote:

Colorado Springs, CO My advice may be worth what you paid for it.
Try www.chevypartspro.com
They have pretty good prices from the comparison shopping I've done.
Tim