dash light on heater/ac controls is out

I have the 2-lever heat/ac control on my '04 Silverado. And one of the lever lights has gone out. Dealer says there are no user serviceable parts
inside the control head and I need to replace the whole control heat/ac control unit (over $150.00 for part).
Seems like a lot for what is probably a little peanut-type light bulb. Is it possible to disassemble the unit and replace the light bulb? I have more time than cash and it seems like something that could maybe be done, given enough time and patience.
Ralph
Sure those heads can be serviced, by some one that knows what to do. I had a blown switch and got a new one from rockauto, at a good price.
Cheers