Dash Light out behind speedometer

Have a 2004 Silverado, the other nite the bulb behind the right half of the speedo went out. I pulled the dash apart and removed the instrument cluster, took it apart. It appears that you have to remove the gage needles to get to the bulb. Any one have any other suggestions or know where I can get one of those little needle removal tools. I did an internet search and only came up with ones when you buy a gage face kit. Also any one know what the bulb number is. I am guessing #37 from I could see.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Beals

Ok here is what I have found out. According to my dealer, the bulbs are soldered into the circuit bored. My dealer won't touch it, they send the entire cluster out to have them repaired. Looking at one week to have it done and $260.

I think I will drive it with one less dash light for that money. Why in the world would GM or any are manufacturer make light bulbs a "nonserviceable" item?

Reply to
Andy Beals