dash lights problem

My 1998 GMC Jimmy did something really strange today. I was driving and all the warning lights on the dash came on. The seat belt, ABS, check gauges, brake, etc. They did not say on long. Then a mile or two down the road it
did it again and came on and off a couple other times. Then the service engine light came on. I took it to Auto Zone and they checked the codes and said it showed electric failure on two things. It did when I was going there seem to not be shifting right. I thought maybe the alternator was giving a surge. I had just put a alternator on 3 months ago and the guy at AZ said take it off and bring it in he will give me a new one under warranty. I did this and had the battery tested. Started it up and same thing all the lights come on and off and now the tack, fuel, gauges go to zero.
Any idea what I should look for, or should I look for a Mr. Goodwrench sign.
Thanks Tim
It is sounding like either a loose or broken wire. Check the main power lead from the battery to the starter and check your ground. Other than that good luck cause I refuse to trace wires on my own vehicles.
message

all
and
there
did
lights
sign.
In my mind I was thinking it could be the ground will start there tomorrow but bet I end up taking it to a dealer and I really don't have the money for that been off work a long long time.

gauges,
it
said
I went back to Auto Zone and the guy there said it could be the ECU any thoughts on that.
message

all
and
there
did
lights
sign.
Oh Doc where are you LOL.

and
service
codes
giving
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. You can start at the battery cables. measure from the alternator to battery then battery to fuse center, battery to gnd. Check for voltage readings of less than 0.5 volt in the cables. Next I would suspect the bulkhead connector, especially the high current connections. Those MetriPac connectors GM uses loose their spring after extended heating/use. One example of common failures is the Blower motor connector. You may have a bad connection that is causing the ECM to reset. BTW does the engine skip a beat?
Cheers Martin

Wife told me she had the Jimmy a couple days ago and when she turned the key off and went to get out of the car the blower on the AC keep running. I did some looking around and wiggling of connectors under the hood and it has not done it again but would like to find what it was and fix it before cold and snow hits.
message

all
and
there
did
lights
sign.
Do you think I need to replace the switch or would it be in the wiring.
Tim

replace the switch
paul
my 99 tahoe did that exact thing on the way to the airport, and the engine momentaily died and then everything back on and it did it again 4 times in the 18 mi. to the airport. after hours of checking sockets and connections, i read where one person had that and the battery connection was corroded. I thought no, because it always started easy and the lights were strong. BBBUUTTT, i then removed the cables from the posts(which looked good from the outside) and found a lot of hard corrosion underneath. Scraped them all clean, bathed them in baking soda and. Woww. run perfect from then on and now 15000 miles later and not ever a problem again. Worth checking yours. John
message

all
and
there
did
lights
sign.
i had the same problem under the dash above the parking brake you will find a good size ground wire that attaches to the dash it is probably loose
My 95 Chevy Z71 did that not to long ago........I shut it down and restarted and it did it again, then I noticed that the key switch did not return all the way back after I started it..........I moved the switch back and all the lights went off and back to normal.....it has done it several other times where the starter hangs up but since I have sprayed silicone spray in it has loosened up and has not done it again, guessing it was dusty/dirty ..................just a thought..........Mark
message

all
and
there