Dash Lights problem, 1988 K1500 4x4

I think I've got a problem with the grounding of the dash board lights and gauges.

When I turn the lights on the guages all bury themselves at one end of the meter or the other. If the dash lights are turned all the way down to dim, the problem is much less noticable.

The volt meter burys to the low side Oil pressure to the positive side. Gas gauge goes to zero.

The meters bounce with the blinker light.

Is this a common enough problem that one of you folks has already tracked it down and can share the solution with me?

Thanks in advance, Mike

Reply to
mrc3