Dashboard Squeaks: What to spray in there?

It's the areas where two sections of dashboard meet.

It's become real squeakfest - but I don't want to just start spraying this and that in there...could be a mess if the first few don't work and then whatever's there might mask the effect of whatever does work.

Two candidates that come to mind are non-oil-based silicone and 303.

Anybody had success with anything?

Reply to
(Pete Cresswell)

Silicone or use WD40

Reply to
NoSpam

Spray-type graphite lubricant. It applies wet, penetrates then dries so no mess.

Reply to
Goldies Gold Plating

sheets of teflon are the only real solution

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

RE/

I did something like that with my glove box door. Dissasembled it, wraped the parts in sheeting from a polyethelene trash bag. It worked.

When doing the Teflon thing, I'm guessing the dashboard has to come apart. ?

Then, do you just lay the sheets on and reassemble, or do you use something to temporarily bond them in place during assembly?

Reply to
(Pete Cresswell)

Reply to
Elbert