Dashboard Squeaks: What to spray in there?

It's the areas where two sections of dashboard meet.
It's become real squeakfest - but I don't want to just start spraying this and that in there...could be a mess if the first
few don't work and then whatever's there might mask the effect of whatever does work.
Two candidates that come to mind are non-oil-based silicone and 303.
Anybody had success with anything?
--
PeteCresswell

Silicone or use WD40

Spray-type graphite lubricant. It applies wet, penetrates then dries so no mess.
Goldies Plating Service online at http://www.goldiesplating.com

sheets of teflon are the only real solution

RE/

I did something like that with my glove box door. Dissasembled it, wraped the parts in sheeting from a polyethelene trash bag. It worked.
When doing the Teflon thing, I'm guessing the dashboard has to come apart. ?
Then, do you just lay the sheets on and reassemble, or do you use something to temporarily bond them in place during assembly?
--
PeteCresswell

silicon spray works good... use the small plastic straw attachment on the spray nozzle to get in the tight places...
On Sat, 8 May 2004 18:13:25 -0400, "burntkat IS AT comcast.net"

--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke**@us.army.mil