Daytime runners

Hi Guys,

My 97` Blazer is my first vehicle with daytime running light. Do I have any options with them? I'd like to be able to disable them with a switch. I don't mind them most of the time. Once in awhile I like crusin with just my parking light on.

If not, can a disable them all together (Plan B)?

Thanks for the read.

JQP

Reply to
John Q Public

they are fused. Just pull the right fuse out and replace when you want running lights. john

Reply to
johnny

I just took the bulbs right out...

('04 Silverado - seperate DRL lights)

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

Not an option on the Blazer.

Either pull the fuse like was suggested or pull the switch to the parking light position, should shut the DRLs off and turn the parking lights on....

Reply to
Mike Levy

Pushing the dome overide button 4 times turns them off on late models. Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

We're talking about a 97 here. That was about 3 years before the DO trick started. My 2000 does it, but I see no reason to unless I want to signal someone at night that their lights aren't on.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
mathijs derks

oh that's bright- wear out your brakes to turn off the running lights.

Reply to
burntkat IS AT sc.rr.com

Yea, I was thinking about the Emerg. Brake trick. That's why I thought there may be a way to use that cut off switch (where ever it is) to put a control switch.

Well, thanks guys... At least I know what my options are.

PS: Lookin for some guys in the Maryland area to do some trail or beach riding (S-10's of coarse) I don't have a places scouted out or anything just throwing it out there. Drop me a line at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Happy Motorin' JQP

Reply to
John Q Public

Reply to