Daytime runners

Hi Guys,
My 97` Blazer is my first vehicle with daytime running light. Do I have any options with them? I'd like to be able to disable them with a switch. I don't mind them most of the time. Once in awhile I like
crusin with just my parking light on.
If not, can a disable them all together (Plan B)?
Thanks for the read.
JQP
they are fused. Just pull the right fuse out and replace when you want running lights. john

John Q Public wrote:

I just took the bulbs right out...
('04 Silverado - seperate DRL lights)
-marc

Not an option on the Blazer.
Either pull the fuse like was suggested or pull the switch to the parking light position, should shut the DRLs off and turn the parking lights on....

Pushing the dome overide button 4 times turns them off on late models. Lynn
On 08 Jun 2004 18:45:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.commode (Lynn) wrote:

We're talking about a 97 here. That was about 3 years before the DO trick started. My 2000 does it, but I see no reason to unless I want to signal someone at night that their lights aren't on.
try to put the ebrake on 1 click, should shut them off
(Lynn) wrote:

oh that's bright- wear out your brakes to turn off the running lights.
(Lynn) wrote:

1 click doesn't wear them out, if so your cable is way to tight
(Lynn) wrote:

Yea, I was thinking about the Emerg. Brake trick. That's why I thought there may be a way to use that cut off switch (where ever it is) to put a control switch.
Well, thanks guys... At least I know what my options are.
PS: Lookin for some guys in the Maryland area to do some trail or beach riding (S-10's of coarse) I don't have a places scouted out or anything just throwing it out there. Drop me a line at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Happy Motorin' JQP
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:56:00 -0600, "mathijs derks"