Dead Suburban - Problem solved

Well, problem solved. I feel like a total Idiot!
I got my meter out Friday night and before I crawled under and had my wife turn the ignition switch over, I thought I would check the fuses. All the
fuses under the hood looked ok, I then checked to see of there were any for the starter on the inside fuse panel. As I was looking I noticed a rocker switch under the dash. I flipped that switch and thought out of curiosity I would try to turn it over. It didn't work, so I decided to see where the wires went and discovered another larger switch under the dash. Out of curiosity, I flipped it and turned it over and low and behold it turned over and started right up. It didn't look like it was factory, but I guess it could of been. I just didn't know that it was there, something the previous owner had installed, I guess.
I was so relieved yet so bummed that this thing had sat for 2 weeks unable to haul my wife and 4 girls around in. We have been juggling vehicles the whole time! Oh well, one of life's little lessons!
Dave - You mentioned a passkey theft system, was this from the factory?
passkey (passlock I) is a resistance based security system that will kill engine starting if the right resistance isn't sent to the PK computer.
what year is the burb? they didn't get passkey till later 99 I believe (always behind the trucks in everything, and the trucks got it in 98).
I've got one of those funky switches too!! :) lol. Mines mounted to the inside of the driver seatbelt tensioner on the floor...its a fuel pump killswitch (that i discovered by accident)

for
over
previous
It is a 99, but I have learned that it is a chip in the key. It doesn't have that. Did the previous owner put the switch in yours?

wife
the
rocker
curiosity
the
it
unable
the
Where can I find that switch on my 2000 silverado? That sounds exactly like what my truck is doing. Except mine will turn over it just won't start and the fuel pump won't make any noise.
Thx
Matt

wife
the
rocker
curiosity
the
it
unable
the
Matt,
Mine is just behind the plastic under the steering wheel. It is a huge 2 position switch. I don't think it is factory though.

any
of
turned
factory?