Dead Suburban Update #2

Well, I got the starter put in and it is still not turning over. I'm bummed and stumped. I will check to see that I am getting juice to the starter from the ignition switch (the small wire) this weekend. Any other
suggestions what to check for. I am wondering if I wasted my money buying a new starter and they said it was bad when it really wasn't. What should I do if I do have juice on the small wire? How much juice should be going there? Am I missing something simple? Battery is good, engine block ground is cleaned, battery terms are cleaned, I cleaned all the wire terminals that go to the starter. Help!?!
Brian

Trail Shredder wrote:

It definitely sounds like something is not firing the solenoid... whether it's the solenoid or the ignition/start wire... I'm not sure.
To test the starter, you can hook up the main battery cables. Take a wire and connect it to the main positive, and touch it to the positive terminal on the solenoid. If it works, it should scare the crap out of you when the solenoid engages and the starter turns over. Be carefull!
If that works, you know it's something with that starter wire from the ignition. If it doesn't work, I think the solenoid should be taken apart and you should grease the plunger. I've never had to do that with a new/rebuild starter though.
-marc
Do you have the passkey theft deterrent system, what year is it?

I had one do that and the main wire on the back of the alternator had broken off under the little rubber boot

My question is does it sound like it's trying to crank? Hydro-lock?
~KJ~