Dean?? Anyone?? Hole in my bellcasing????

Dean??? Anyone??? I was doing the second Mobil One change on my GMC Sieera and I noticed something I had not before: On the tranny bellcasing, right near the bottom, there seems to be a 1/4" or
so HOLE. I can see a gear (flywheel?) when I look into it. Is this supposed to be here? I had not seen it before, so now I am worried. Is there supposed to be fluid in there? Is this a 'weep hole'? I have not seen any large puddles underneath, so I hope this is normal and that maybe a dust plug or something came out....
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun !! "

As long as it is in the center at the bottom, it is ment to be there, water that gets into there needs to get out.... starter gear or flex plate (manual, automatic respectively). No sweat.

good to know. Thanks

I think Dean took a trip to the looney farm. His last posting was in misc.rural alt.energy.renewable and another in Aug 03.
Cheers

' It's bigger than a 1/4", and it's supposed to have a plug in it to keep the road rats and mud dobbers out.
.
(MyOwnLittleUniverse)
On the tranny bellcasing, right near the bottom, there seems to be a 1/4" or so HOLE. I can see a gear (flywheel?) when I look into it. Is this supposed to be here?
trip to the dealer then, I take it
' It's bigger than a 1/4", and it's supposed to have a plug in it to keep the road rats and mud dobbers out.
.
(My Own Little Universe)
On the tranny bellcasing, right near the bottom, there seems to be a 1/4" or so HOLE. I can see a gear (flywheel?) when I look into it. Is this supposed to be here?
. . or the hardware store..... yer choice.
marshmonster ~:~
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MyOwnLittleUniverse)
trip to the dealer then, I take it
It's bigger than a 1/4", and it's supposed to have a plug in it to keep the road rats and mud dobbers out.
(My Own Little Universe) On the tranny bellcasing, right near the bottom, there seems to be a 1/4" or so HOLE. I can see a gear (flywheel?) when I look into it. Is this supposed to be here?