Dee Zee stainless toolbox has rusting steel rivets

Anyone else have this problem? To their credit, they are willing to send me new stainless rivets, for me to drill out and replace in my new 800 dollar chinese made truck bed toolbox.

Reply to
dfas

David Johnson

We bought some Chinese flatware from WalMart. So-called stainless and it rusts but only the odd piece. A couple of knives and one spoon. China is driving the price of scrap metal over the top and is making products for sale on the world market with that scrap. There is no way for them to be able to guarantee the alloy and so some of the stainless rusts. Some real cheap stainless rusts and sometimes even good alloys, when in contact with ferrous metals can rust. The dog's dish has rust stains but that is only because of the high iron content in our well water.

oh well. I repeated to my wife that familiar old saw. "Buy cheap, buy twice."

- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl