Delco Cd player problem

I have a 97 with the Delco Boise CD (no cassette) and the CD is stuck in the unit. Makes a noise like it tries to eject it. Any tricks to getting it out? Tried to disconnect power and that didn't work.
Thanks David
Pull the player, pop the cover off and see if you can manually release it.

First, look at the cd on your computer. There is a very small pinhole under the tray on the fron cover. This is for emergency eject by using a paperclip or something. I don't know if the one in tyhe car has this hole, but if it does, that's the way for an eject. I think disassembly should be a last resort. Try cycling between the switches, like fm, cd, eject. .

So THAT'S what that's for...
<forehead slap>
db
Replace it with an aftermarket unit that really does work from www.bought4less.com you will be happier.
: I have a 97 with the Delco Boise CD (no cassette) and the CD is stuck in the : unit. Makes a noise like it tries to eject it. Any tricks to getting it : out? Tried to disconnect power and that didn't work. : Thanks : David : :
Been trying for the last couple of days, guess I'll try to take it apart. When I was searching for this topic I found a place that repairs Delcos and it looks like it is cheaper to buy a new one! Been trying to find a used slave CD for my 96. I'm too cheap to spend much money though.
David
"Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote in message

I found a guy in CA that can rebuild both my units for less than I can have one rebuilt through GM. Let me know if you want his information.
Snowman

Thanks but, tonight I took out the whole unit and removed the CD player from the main box and while turning it around trying to figure out how it worked and a penny falls out! Kids swear they didn't do it, only had it a couple of months though. Anyway it works fine now. I'm relieved. David "Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote in message