DEXCOOl or GREEN

Page 2 of 2
Just a quick note on PH level(acidity). Read in one of the posts where letting your antifreeze go so long that it gets acidic is bad news. Exactly. I own several class 8 trucks, 18 wheelers. Test strips are available at
dealers that test PH level, antifreeze %, freeze point and type of antifreeze all on one strio for about $2.00 each. When your are replacing 10+ gallons of antifreeze in a 20 gallon cooling system it pays to test. Test strips are available for any type of coolant. I make it a habbit to test even my personal vehicles often. Its cheap insurance and keeps you from flushing out good coolant. Also look into coolant filters. A cheap way to protect any engine. Put on a $8.00 filter every 30K on a car and it will not only filter out the junk but they contain a tablet that neutralizes acid. I usually get about 400K safely from my coolant. When a engine costs about 25,000 you don't take chances.