Did Any Miss Me?

Page 2 of 2

Considering a Platinum plug should be good for at least 75k miles, that seems a bit short. What exactly is happening to them?
Doc
The car starts stuttering & stumbling on acceleration... usually it's fine one day.. then the next day *bam* it happens. Out of no where. No "leading up to it".. but once it happens... it doesn't go away. Replacing plugs generally fixes the problem. I also replaced the ignition wires with OEM wires.
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

I didn't ask what is happening to the car, I asked what is happening to the plugs. You do know how to read a used plug right?
Doc
In article

This ought to be good...
Checkmate, you ping the tardwin (Dardwin)
Knutson, you round up Glickman and the Casshole
I'm hopping a plane for Canada to see if I can track down the hurricane (AKA Bozo).

Waste of money.
Garbage.
Crappola.
That nice enough?
Doc

Well put Doc, you left out AutoZone's most recommended plug.
Whitelightning

Yeah I did didn't I? Thanks! Methinks they are AZ's most recommended plug because they are AZ's most EXPENSIVE plug. Folks don't seem to realize that spark will always take the path of least resistance, so it doesn't matter if you have one electrode or 4 electrodes, the spark is only going to jump to one of em'.
For the price of one set of Bosch Platinum 4's for an 8-cylinder ($6.99 x 8 = $55.92) you're already halfway to an MSD or Mallory module with multiple discharge...............
Doc

No Doc... it's too nice. You didn't refer to them as "expensive gimmicky bull-shit" like I would have ;-)
-Tony

You forgot to add:
Merda di vacca, Doc?
Refinish King

be

He h eh ehe he.......
Doc
Why did my reunion thread turn into a plug war? Fawk all yawl! Talk about me.
GMC Gremlin

OK. Stugats...............
Doc

Talk about me> GMC Gremlin

Maybe because spark plugs are more interesting.:) H
LOL... mean..