Did I do the right thing?

Gulp. I didn't go into the dealership to buy a new truck. I bought a 4x4 Silverado new in 2006 for 24,000. With 32K miles and noticed the tire wear on inside rib, I went to have it aligned, wondering if the ball joints or something were out. While waiting, I decided to go talk to someone about the business. Like everyone else I suppose, I have questions about no people ever in the new dealership I pass by at least twice a day. I wondered why I see no posters offering deals on cars and trucks that aren't selling. Before I know it, I'm test driving pickups, because I'm told I can get 0 percent.

They say the price marked is $500 below invoice on the one I finally selected, it was 34 something. LT, with a few options, including leather. Really nice metal flake black paint job. I they offer me 20.5 for my truck against the stated price. After almost 10 hours I have my new truck.

Now I'm reading these trucks come with hybrid engine, which was never mentioned to me, and I'm wondering if I did the right thing? I mean, whether this truck is going to be worth anything in 3 years because it's not a hybrid?

Otherwise, it's a hell of a nice truck. I like it much better than my 06, and though it supposedly has only 5 more hp, 5.3L like the last one which was HO at 310, it seems a lot quicker but I think the gears are lower....like rear end 3.73 instead of 3.43? Not sure about that though. I know it has cast iron block as opposed to aluminum I had before, and I feel better about that, because the last one was so noisey. This one is really quiet.

My brother drove it said it was just like driving a corvette! I've never had the privledge. Anyway, I did my part for the economy. I can understand GM resisting change, they know more about the market and what people want than the government does, and I'm just sick of the government foisting this shit on me. I guess I let them know by what I bought!

Reply to
Second Thoughts