Diesel Oil and pressure

What viscosity of oil does this group recommend for a 6.2L diesel? I normally use SAE 30, but am thinking I should switch to something else. Seems nowadays they are coming out with motor oils that are formulated for
diesels, but I do not want anything fancy like those synthetic oils. Been thinking of this for oil pressure reason. At idle, it is at 35-40 psi, when on the highway, not sure the rpm as I do not have a tach (yet), it is about 45-60 psi. Any suggestions here? Thanks.
IIRC you're limited to 30 weight, 30 weight or 30 weight on a 6.2 unless it gets really cold then you should consider 10w-30.
-Bret

when
about
What about 15-40. Someone had recommended that to me and said it was better for diesels. Do you guys know anything about it?

for
Been
The ONLY oil I would recommend in a Diesel is 15W-40 Rotella!!! I am sure this will get some hits, but it's what I have used, MANY others I know have used, and it works!

when
about

when
about
The posted oil pressures are fine (in fact quite good). I use 15w40 only in my 6.2DSL. Try to use a diesel oil as they have anti-foaming agents and additives that will control soot. Don't bother using a synthetic, it is a waste of money unless you are running a turbo (synth won't coke in a turbo when the engine is turned off). So if you change you own oil get a descent 15w40 oil and a good quality filter. Don't worry about the designer oils and filters. My 6.2DSL has over 400k and starts w/o problems and has about the same oil pressures as you do. It's a good engine treat it well and it will last a long time.
mark
15w-40, only way to do it. I work at a diesel engine shop, we do HD and industrial applications. But the theory is the same for pickups. Every engine that hits our dyno, gets 15w-40 penzoil.

for
Been
in
descent
about
I run Schaeffer's 15w-40 in my '95 6.5 TD, as recommended by my local rep. I also run it in my wife's '94 350 TBI, as recommended.
Snowman

when
about