Diesel vs Gas

I`m thinking about buying a newer truck.Maybe brand new.Right now I have a 97`Chev extended cab 4X4 w/5.7 and 3:73 gears.I get about 13mpg avg,and 16 hiway. I pull my race car in the summer alot.Trailer and car weigh about 5000+lbs. I have gotten 15mpg at best but usually about 10-12. What could I look for in a Diesel? I don`t need any deeper gears. Or is that not an option?

Reply to
Bill

Hello Bill,

Try

scroll down the page and look for "Diesel Economics and Fuel Economy."

Franko

Reply to
Franko

also, look at

for some information. And you don't have to pay for a membership.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

i avg 17 mpg combined hiway and city....i am told a pure hiway driver can get 20 mpg... i tow horses and towing a 3500 lb trailer and 3000 lbs of horse has better mileage than when i engage 4wd in the snow...

Reply to
RM