Diesel vs Gas

I`m thinking about buying a newer truck.Maybe brand new.Right now I have a 97`Chev extended cab 4X4 w/5.7 and 3:73 gears.I get about 13mpg avg,and 16 hiway. I pull my race car in the summer alot.Trailer and car
weigh about 5000+lbs. I have gotten 15mpg at best but usually about 10-12. What could I look for in a Diesel? I don`t need any deeper gears. Or is that not an option?
Hello Bill,
Try www.62-65-dieselpage.com, scroll down the page and look for "Diesel Economics and Fuel Economy."
Franko

also, look at www.gm-diesel.com for some information. And you don't have to pay for a membership.
Snowman

i avg 17 mpg combined hiway and city....i am told a pure hiway driver can get 20 mpg... i tow horses and towing a 3500 lb trailer and 3000 lbs of horse has better mileage than when i engage 4wd in the snow...

"Eliminate annoying spam!