Difference between W and X Vin 4.3 Liter

Page 2 of 2
Look at the numbers. The upper set are for the HO cam, notice the total lift is higher, it also is a bit longer duration than the non HO. That difference and the computer programming to match it is the difference in
the engines. If you want the extra HP you have to do more than swap computers or PROMS. For 5 HP it isn't worth the effort. A good tune up will give you a bigger improvement. Now IF you were getting 20-30 HP it becomes a marginally better upgrade BUT only if the engine is coming apart for work anyway.
message

-
Jordan worte:     But what about my z code engine? Granted its a fullsize not an s10 but internally no difference
Steve W. wrote:

Jordan Smith wrote:

    a Z vin code 4.3 should be 190HP. Charles
Same as the HO unless it has been altered.
--
Steve W.

"Jordan Smith" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Seems as if we have a smartass in here. Very well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. The only reason I ask all these questions is because I'm not that well educated in this area, I know enough to get by, but I like to ask questions. I just had people at the dealership telling me one thing, and then I heard totally opposite from you gentlemen. Though I should have listened to you in the first place because my dealer has been wrong in the past, but I must say I have learned quite a bit from everyone in here, and I thank you. I took auto service classes in college and high school, but nothing extensive. My main love is computer science and programming. Thanks again for all the info. By the way, from what I noticed, this Chevy forum has dodge, and ford beat by a long shot, way more users on this.

On Sunday, July 10, 2005 9:16:46 AM UTC-4, An American Revolution wrote:

Can't swap ECU from one truck to another without getting it reflashed with the VIN that matches your BCM. It's the passlock security BS