difference tween chevy and GMC?

Page 1 of 2
what the differences between a Tahoe and a Yukon. People tell me the GMC have better interiors or someting like that.
any thoughts?

G M s are made on the nite shift!!! Larry

As far as im concerned, simple badging. maybe a few niceties but nothing great and wonderful.
Look at the trim around the seats, small things like that. Some features that are options on Chev are standard equipment on GMC. I personally prefer the tail lights on the Envoy better than the Trailblazer, otherwise the two are very similar except for the trim around the gauges, etc. The difference is almost like the difference between colors, to each his own.
trs80 wrote:

trs80 wrote:

Important......
Chevy has a 5 times bigger selection of
Warranty & Service support than GMC...
ok...what do you mean 5 times bigger.....why wouldnt they be identical?

trs80 wrote:

Five (5) times "more" Dealerships Available for Chevy Service.....
Will a GMC dealer Service a Chevy truck under Warranty..??

And a Chevy dealer can't service a GMC truck without permission from GMC.

??? ... do you mean original warranty service? I've had no problems with a Cadillac/Buick dealer servicing a Tahoe and Grand Prix under both GMPP and Ford ESP (the GP was bought used at a Ford dealership) extended warranties.

Yes. Some dealers can also be an authorized GMC repair center.
I had difficulity recovering service done on a GMC at a Chevrolet dealer. There was no GMC dealer in the town and we made the mistake of not calling them first. It took months and did not recover the full cost. The first question by GMC was why we did not use a GMC dealer.
I don`t know who told you that,but you can take your GMC to any GM dealer. No questions asked.

Are you a dealer? Things may have changed in the last 5 years. At that time GMC told me. What I am saying if you take a GMC to a Chevy dealer for waranty work you had better check to see if they are authorized. We didn't and had a hell of a time collecting.
I`m not a dealer,and I have a '04 GMC. I have taken it to a Chevy dealer before. When I bought it,they told me I could take it to any GM dealer.
Not true. It used to be, but not anymore. Any Chevy dealer will service a GMC and vice versa.
Jim

Dennis Mayer wrote:

We do in Canada. There are no restrictions on cross platform warranty work, other then Cadillac. And pretty much any dealership that doesn't sell Cadillac has no interest in working on them.
Ian
GMC have higher level trim packages available than Chevy, otherwise, they all come off the same production lines.

I own a GMC Suburban. I am told that production line rejects from the GMCs are restocked for the Chevy assembly line. If they get rejected again off the Chevy line, then they go to spare parts for the Chevy dealers parts dept. :)

i was told both by a gmc dealer and a chevy dealer, that gmc has more and better inspectors on the line, plus the welds and body lines are better, there again thats what i was told by both dealers
hardworking wrote:

Unless you can come up with some hard evidence, I would write that off as an urban legend. Somebody probably told you that to make you feel better about buying a GMC instead of a Chevrolet. I've certainly never seen or heard any evidence that there is any difference in the quality between the two lines. It's all just different trim and option choices. The parts are certainly all identical in the parts catalog...there is no differentiation between whether the vehicle is GMC or Chevy.
Ian
GMC = Garage Mans Companion