difference tween chevy and GMC?

what the differences between a Tahoe and a Yukon. People tell me the GMC have better interiors or someting like that.

any thoughts?

Reply to
trs80

LaRrY

As far as im concerned, simple badging. maybe a few niceties but nothing great and wonderful.

Reply to
mudmonkey

Reply to
Robert Ball

Important......

Chevy has a 5 times bigger selection of

Warranty & Service support than GMC...

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

ok...what do you mean 5 times bigger.....why wouldnt they be identical?

Reply to
trs80

Five (5) times "more" Dealerships Available for Chevy Service.....

Will a GMC dealer Service a Chevy truck under Warranty..??

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

GMC have higher level trim packages available than Chevy, otherwise, they all come off the same production lines.

Reply to
Franko

I own a GMC Suburban. I am told that production line rejects from the GMCs are restocked for the Chevy assembly line. If they get rejected again off the Chevy line, then they go to spare parts for the Chevy dealers parts dept. :)

Reply to
hardworking

i was told both by a gmc dealer and a chevy dealer, that gmc has more and better inspectors on the line, plus the welds and body lines are better, there again thats what i was told by both dealers

Reply to
Charles H.

And a Chevy dealer can't service a GMC truck without permission from GMC.

Reply to
Rich256

??? ... do you mean original warranty service? I've had no problems with a Cadillac/Buick dealer servicing a Tahoe and Grand Prix under both GMPP and Ford ESP (the GP was bought used at a Ford dealership) extended warranties.

Reply to
Markeau

We do in Canada. There are no restrictions on cross platform warranty work, other then Cadillac. And pretty much any dealership that doesn't sell Cadillac has no interest in working on them.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Unless you can come up with some hard evidence, I would write that off as an urban legend. Somebody probably told you that to make you feel better about buying a GMC instead of a Chevrolet. I've certainly never seen or heard any evidence that there is any difference in the quality between the two lines. It's all just different trim and option choices. The parts are certainly all identical in the parts catalog...there is no differentiation between whether the vehicle is GMC or Chevy.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Yes. Some dealers can also be an authorized GMC repair center.

I had difficulity recovering service done on a GMC at a Chevrolet dealer. There was no GMC dealer in the town and we made the mistake of not calling them first. It took months and did not recover the full cost. The first question by GMC was why we did not use a GMC dealer.

Reply to
Rich256

I don`t know who told you that,but you can take your GMC to any GM dealer. No questions asked.

Reply to
Bill

The fronts are different,and also the interior is a bit better. The drivetrain is the same. GMC also has a higher resale value.

Reply to
Bill

nice inputs..thank you!

Reply to
trs80

Are you a dealer? Things may have changed in the last 5 years. At that time GMC told me. What I am saying if you take a GMC to a Chevy dealer for waranty work you had better check to see if they are authorized. We didn't and had a hell of a time collecting.

Reply to
Rich256