Differential lube??????

What type and viscosity lube oil should I put in my differentials. I have a Corporate 14 bolt in the back with a detroit locker and a Dana 44 up front with a ARB air locker. I would like to change out the oil, but don't know what kind to put in. I would like to use a synthetic, but I don't know what range or brand.

Thanks for the help

Brent

1983 K5 350
Reply to
Brent

If people didn't answer 2 hours and 40 minutes ago, they're not going to answer now....

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

is your friend. do a group search.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

snipped-for-privacy@san.rr.com posted:

I'd use whatever the factory put in. Synthetics are a waste of money. (At least in the axles.. despite the hype, you won't live long enough to notice the difference.) Your lockers are gear-type, not friction-plate type, and don't need any friction modifiers.

Reply to
Spike13

75W90 Mobil 1 Synthetic, or 80W90 Valvoline Durablend.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I have synthetic AMSOIL gear lube in my rear diff on my 98 Sonoma 4x4, that stuff is really good....look into using it.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Sobol

I just did the front and rear on my '99 Silverado 4x4. Thats what I used.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

That's is what I wanted to use, but I wasn't sure if you needed to use something different due to the locker. Thanks for the help

Brent

1983 K5 350 San Diego

Reply to
Brent

snipped-for-privacy@en.com posted:

Can you give us details on the improvements you've experianced?

Reply to
Spike13

Had I known what a rude person you were I wouldn't have even responded. Jerk.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I'll second that notion, what improvements over dino or synthetics have you seen?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Jerk? This guy was completely rude to me. Sorry I didn't see it post the first time, it never showed up so I posted again thinking I did something wrong. Then this asshole goes and tells me how inconsiderate I was for posting twice. I thought the purpose of these newsgroups is to help others out. Sorry if I don't know everything.

But I do appreciate the help from those that offer it. It's unfortunate there are those out there who are too busy finding peoples mistakes.

Brent

1983 K5 350 SAN DIEGO, CA

Reply to
Brent

Don't worry about it....... there are a lot of folks around here who act before they think. Sometimes things get lost in the few words posted here. I try to help here and there.... sometimes I'm wrong or may have mis-understood the question. Like you say this forum is to share information and help one-another. I try to refrain from making judegments of others. Some folks are just learning about the newsgroups and may not see the "way things work" before they post, but thats not a big deal anyway.

Reply to
Elbert