Differential lube??????

What type and viscosity lube oil should I put in my differentials. I have a Corporate 14 bolt in the back with a detroit locker and a Dana 44 up front
with a ARB air locker. I would like to change out the oil, but don't know what kind to put in. I would like to use a synthetic, but I don't know what range or brand.
Thanks for the help
Brent 1983 K5 350
If people didn't answer 2 hours and 40 minutes ago, they're not going to answer now....

www.google.com is your friend. do a group search.
Adair
I have synthetic AMSOIL gear lube in my rear diff on my 98 Sonoma 4x4, that stuff is really good....look into using it.
Jason
snipped-for-privacy@en.com posted:

Can you give us details on the improvements you've experianced?
posted:

I'll second that notion, what improvements over dino or synthetics have you seen?
Doc

snipped-for-privacy@san.rr.com posted:

I'd use whatever the factory put in. Synthetics are a waste of money. (At least in the axles.. despite the hype, you won't live long enough to notice the difference.) Your lockers are gear-type, not friction-plate type, and don't need any friction modifiers.

75W90 Mobil 1 Synthetic, or 80W90 Valvoline Durablend.
Doc

Adair
That's is what I wanted to use, but I wasn't sure if you needed to use something different due to the locker. Thanks for the help
Brent 1983 K5 350 San Diego

Jerk? This guy was completely rude to me. Sorry I didn't see it post the first time, it never showed up so I posted again thinking I did something wrong. Then this asshole goes and tells me how inconsiderate I was for posting twice. I thought the purpose of these newsgroups is to help others out. Sorry if I don't know everything.
But I do appreciate the help from those that offer it. It's unfortunate there are those out there who are too busy finding peoples mistakes.
Brent 1983 K5 350 SAN DIEGO, CA

Don't worry about it....... there are a lot of folks around here who act before they think. Sometimes things get lost in the few words posted here. I try to help here and there.... sometimes I'm wrong or may have mis-understood the question. Like you say this forum is to share information and help one-another. I try to refrain from making judegments of others. Some folks are just learning about the newsgroups and may not see the "way things work" before they post, but thats not a big deal anyway.

--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke**@us.army.mil