DIY Brakes on 2002 Trailblazer

Can anyone advise on doing brakes on an 02 TB? I don't have a warm fuzzy about tackling this on my own. I've done brakes on several imports which were fairly easy but any tips would be very much
appreciated. I'll be checking the shop manual at the loca library when I get a chance.
It has about 72,000 miles on it and the wear indicators have just started to complain. I've heard from one repair shop that the rear rotors on this vintage GM product are problematic and should be replaced. Dealer mechanics don't seem to be aware of this. Hmmmm...
Thanks in advance!
Rust on the inside of both the front and rear rotors is common, here in the NE anyway. The rear rotors can sometimes be rusted to the hub and remember the parking brake sits inside the rear rotor assy. No tricks, straight forward job, ceramic is recommended.

-
Another poster mentioned not to force the fluid back in the calipers, when you make room for the new pads. Open the bleeders. Something to do with the ABS stuff.

Getting the rear caliper assembly off is best tackled on a hoist. I had to adjust the parking brake on our '03 Envoy which required removing the calipers to get the disc off. The 2 bolts retaining bolts took quit an effort to break loose. I haven't changed the brake pads so can't comment or give recommendations.