DL's & TS

1993 silverado sportside
The driving light/turn signal on the right hand side of the truck when I turn them on flash fast like there's a short. The book shows a
ground connecting to somewhere on the sheet metal but I just went out and had a look and couldn't find it. Any ideas where it could be?
Does the rear signal on that side work? If not, you found the problem. Otherwise, keep looking, it may be farther back in the harness than you expect. Some ground to the core support.
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:07:16 GMT, Michael McNeil

rear works
pissing down rain today so couldn't check.
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:36:57 GMT, Mike Levy

Explain exactly what is happening. The tail light circuit boards on these trucks have a tendency to grenade after 10 years or so, but without a description of the problem I can't even fathom a guess. "Acting like a short" means the fuse blows every time you turn it on. Is this correct?
Doc

picture a regular turn signal blink rate then double it. Both the front and the rear are doing this.

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:07:16 GMT, Michael McNeil

not sure what "acting like a short" means... usually it means blowing a fuse..
common reason for fast blinking lights on 1 side can be a flasher unit, though...
I've had a flasher unit go in other vehicles and it effected ALL signals.