DLC

What is the data link connector (DLC)? I am going to program my keyless entry remotes. The dealer gave me instructions and it refers to this. My guess is the connector that the dealer plugs the diag computer into. Is
this correct?
I think you're right, but it's just a guess. See this article:
http://service.gm.com/gmtechlink/images/issues/mar03/TLMar03e.html
and it refers to connecting the Tech2 to the car through the DLC.
Hope that helps somewhat.
Tony

Somehow,on Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:35:19 -0400, "Trail Shredder"

parking brake. I'm curious though why there would be reference to this connector in order to program the remotes? what are you programming?
Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD
There have been many references to grounding pin 4 and 8 on the DLC to program the remotes. Mine is a 99 and I didn't do any of that grounding stuff. I changed the battery, stand near the truck, press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for 7 seconds. The door locks cycle, programming complete. It don't get no easier than that! .

Somehow,on Mon, 08 Sep 2003 23:10:32 GMT, "George"

same on my `00 and `02. when all else fails, read the instructions!-(look in the owner's manual)
Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD
Interesting ... I got those instructions from the dealer.

yep