Do they make a 1500 crew cab?

Chevy's website is confusing to me. When I attempt to build a truck, they don't offer a crew cab in the 1500 model. They used to offer a 1500HD, but
I don't see that option any more. BUT, all the spec charts list a half ton crew cab.
I dunno about the new trucks,, but on the trucks in the past, the 1500 signifies a 1/2 ton,, 2500 =3/4 ton 3500=1 ton.. maybe they have changed it recently though.. phillip

but
ton
I haven't seen one. Yes, they did used to have a 1500HD crew but it was priced almost as much as the 2500HD.
db
Colorado is what I see advertised on the commercials (4 dr. and 1/2 ton chassis). Maybe it's taking the place of something else.
Snowman

but
ton
Yes. Here's a link to a GMC crew cab: http://www.gmc.com/gmcjsp/sierra/specs_vital_stats.jsp?vehicle=sierra150 0crewcab
Chevy's website is confusing to me. When I attempt to build a truck, they don't offer a crew cab in the 1500 model. They used to offer a 1500HD, but I don't see that option any more. BUT, all the spec charts list a half ton crew cab.
Ken Aman wrote:

Yup, it's the 1500HD.
I'm really not sure why they have this model out there.
What's the difference between this and the 2500?
Power brakes are the same... 8 lug axles... 6.0L...
?
-marc

I think the difference is that the weight of the crew cab reduces the payload capability so much that they couldn't call it a 2500.
-Bret

they
1500HD, but

half ton

It used to be that it was offered as a 1500 so it could be licensed as a regular truck (same as a car) and not as a commercial truck (2500's and above) in certain states. Here a plate for a ton truck is almost three times what it is for a ton, plus there are some tax differences also.
Ken Aman wrote:

Complete pricing on the 1500 Crew cab at Kelly Blue Book:
http://www.kbb.com
Yes, no more 1500HD. That, I imagine now would be the 2500 (I saw it listed as 2500LD at the dealer).
The word at all the Chevy GMC dealers is that a true 1500 (1/2 ton) crew cab will be available sometime in Feb or March 2004. They say it will have a short bed (5' 8") like f150. I am waiting to see this unit.
der jr wrote:

I think the difference is that the 1500HD Crew Cab used the 6L engine and had a GVWR of 8600 whereas the 1500 will use the 5.3L engine and have a GVWR of about 7000.
The 2004 2500 has the same specifications as the 2003 1500HD. But Kelly Blue Book has a note that they will not be (are not) available after 10-31-03. Still shown on the GM sites.
Next step up is the 2500HD with a GVWR of 9200.
Confusing!!