Do you guys go 4 wheeling???

Page 1 of 2
I never hear you guys discuss going out wheeling it's all whats wrong with my new truck that your scared to take out and play with and get dirty. What the fuck is that about. I have more money in my truck that a
lot of you got in your new one. They are Four wheel drive use them. I never hear any thing about 60s or locker or the worst time I got stuck. it's always about some switch some bull shit thing.Duz any body in this group go wheeling????????

Yep. www.hamiltonoffroadclub.com.
I do.
Well, did. But I had no mods. to my vehicles.
As far as worst stuck, it was when me and another guy were in a 79 Ford. We hit a soft drift in a ravine and had to crawl out the back window. Took 4 hours, a tractor and a lot of shovelling.

The amount of money into a truck is not a scale to judge off-road ability with! Most 4x4 trucks and SUVs don't ever do and off-roading of any substantial caliber. I love taking my '85 'Burban where I shouldn't! Do I do mud bogging, rock crawling, pre-running? No. Trails, mild mud, exploring... This time of year, snow drift pounding. Now when I get my '49 GMC Panel truck done, that will be something that will see some serious fun! Rubicon? No! Serious, not extreme! If you have put so much into your truck and use it comparatively then you know that stuff goes wrong, breaks, acts up, malfunctions, and so on. Relax and tell us what you have and what you have done with it. Maybe if you post what you said you want to hear in the group, you might get more out of the people in it!

Yep, but I gotta drive 150 miles to get out the SF Bay Area...so what if it gets scratched when the bushes get a little too close to the ruts
Have even taken the 450SL into places labelled "High Clearance Vehicles Only" in Utah-Canyonlands...strange looks by the rafting companies dropping people into the Green River in the middle of no-where when some duffus comes driving by in a convertible with a half mile of dust behind him
I have driven really bad "tracks" in a toy Ford Ranger and a small Nissan sedan and a Chevy Suburban towing a trailer with horse on board. None of these vehicles had 4WD, and none got stuck. The trick to not getting stuck is to think far ahead of where you are, and don't get high-centered or drag the oil pan. On occasion, I get out and walk ahead to see what I am about to drive into, to be sure I can drive out again. Also, I check that the spare tire and all tire-changing tools are present and that the spare has full pressure. I learned that one the hard way.
    Una
My point being is I never read about all the stuff that guys are doing to improve there chevy 4x4 for going out and playing with them. It seem like alot of guys in here got trucks they just run on the street why have 4x4 for if thats all you do with it? I am aware that you do not have to put all the money in the world to build a good truck.It take alot of time and know how.My 75 k5 has 60s front and rear lockers with steering in the rear 3 link coil overs 44Boggers 406 ci 205 t case.I have found some slick ways to building stuff cheap.I would like to share ideals with others guys. I have had lots and lots chevy 4x4 and broke alot of stuff you name it I have broke it there are a lot of ways you can build trucks so they won't brake so easy.
Somehow,on Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:20:46 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (K5 Blazer)flapped his lips and managed to spout out:

ever hear of wet weather/winter weather traction?
Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD
I under stand that not ever body wants to take there new trucks out and beat the hell out of them. My point being there is lot more to talk about than radar detectors and dome lights. What about the guys who like building them instead of worrying about wet payment. I am sorry I did not realize you are Mr Joe Pro four wheel drive in your HD 2500. So tell us about the Trucks you have built.
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:12:12 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (K5 Blazer) wrote:

chief,
you don't seem to understand how usenet works...... if you want to talk about offroading, then start a new thread. instead of whining about people not talking about it, start talking about it. it's simple, really.
-Bret
Somehow,on Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:20:46 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (K5 Blazer) amazed everyone and managed to spout out:

if you are that proud of it, let's see some pics then. why not show it off?
Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:20:46 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (K5 Blazer) wrote:

i can't speak for the others here, but i joined the group when i had problems with a blazer and needed advise.. i think off road experiences might be more common in a non-brand type off roading group?? (sort of like the rv-popup group i'm in, which has a lot of stuff like places to go and camping experiences) )
I thought this was alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks; i didn't know it was extreme.offroading.beat.the.hell.outta.your.bowtie. I mean, I didn't know i was obligated to offroad to read this newsgroup; I get on here for questions when my truck tears up. I mean, can't we all just get along and post whatever the hell you want to about Chevy 4x4's?
TB

sure. I got stuck on farm land out here. Wasn't pretty. Took a full size farm tractor and a winch to get me out. Plus I flooded the entire truck so bad I sold it. Oh yeah, that was a FERD. I don't go four-wheeling anymore. I just hoss around in the 24"'s of snow we just got. This 93 Silverado tanks right through it like it was on rails.
Ed Murray

Yup. But this tends to be a repair group rather than an offroad boast group. go beat your chest in Rec.Offroad.Mud or something
I use one of 3 4x4s. A 1982 1.5 liter 3 cyl Diesel Iseki 3510, a 1998 300cc Honda TRX300FWW quad bike and a 1988 2.8 litre 4 cyl Turbodiesel Isuzu Bighorn Irmschur (Trooper to you if you're stateside)
rhys
My old '77Chevy PU has towed numerous "modified" 4WD vehicles out of "sticky" situations. I don't go 4-wheelin' officially but I do drive in plenty of sand, mud, snow, etc. so the 4WD does get a regular workout. The Off-road ability of the vehicle is not directly proportional to the amount of money (and time) spent modifying it.
Somehow,on Sun, 7 Dec 2003 09:25:51 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Rich B) managed to spout out:

<applause>
Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD
Well in less I am wrong the group is 4x4 CHEVY not jap shit so why don't you go pound your chest in japan!!!!!!!!!

Since this obviously isn't the group you were looking for, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.
Dave

You're new here, right?