dome light comes on while car is parked

My 99 chevy suburban dome light will intermittently come on without a door opening and stay on until noticed or the battery dies! I've checked the switches and all work on a continuity check (haven't
figured out how to get the front passenger switch out withoug tearing apart the dash board). Tried shimming switches, replaced the control module. The schematic shows the door lock relay module in the ground path. Could it be a problem? Also, could the remote control module be a culprit? I have disconnected both modules and the lights stay on which would mean they are getting a ground from somewhere?
I have the same problem w/ our '99 Suburban. The remedy has been to simply leave the dome light button in the off override position for some time now! I will be replacing all of the lock actuators though so maybe the problem will be fixed at that time. They are all lazy and work fine when it is cold out, but now that the sun is heating things up again, they get lazier and finally just don't work at all in the heat.

I think the dome light issue is fixed now. I doubled the shim (2 washers) on the passenger side and the light has worked properly for 2 days now. I replaced all of my lock acutuators a month ago. Chev dealer wanted $100 each, I got them off of a guy on ebay for $26 each with postage. It was not a tough task and it is nice having them working again.
Please post the ebay ID of the person that had the actuators!!!